We take the safety of our community seriously, so our team will review all listings and remove any that are suspicious and/or violate our community rules (see below).
1. Respect all other members and do not send spam, offensive, or threatening messages, leave comments, or engage in any other form of offensive communication.
2. Only create listings for goods you own, are authorized to rent, and are in safe condition to use. (It is not permitted to list any Dangerous Goods, such as Chemicals, Alcohols, Tobacco or Weapons)
3. Try to answer all messages in a timely fashion.
4. The HalfPrice
is a third-party marketplace and by using it, you must also comply with Canada laws, regulations, safety measures, and/or booking agreement(s) by listing owners that are applicable.
5. At HalfPrice.Rent, we encourage open and transparent communication between owners and renters. Our platform allows for the sharing of contact information and URLs to facilitate discussions and establish trust. Renters and owners can freely communicate with each other and exchange necessary details before finalizing a rental transaction.
6. While we provide a platform for secure and convenient rentals, it is important to exercise caution and adhere to our general guidelines. We recommend that renters and owners engage in thorough discussions, ask relevant questions, and clarify any concerns before proceeding with a rental. It is advisable to review the rental terms, conditions, and any additional agreements provided by the owner. By following these guidelines, you can ensure a smooth and successful rental experience.
7. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on HalfPrice Canada.
8. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
9. You will not post content that is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
10. You will not post any dating or other mature content (including advertisements).
11. You will not use HalfPrice Canada to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
12. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
13. You will not post the following items on HalfPrice Canada:
14. Weapons such as firearms/guns and components; BB/pellet, stun, and spear guns; etc.
15. Ammunition, clips, cartridges, reloading materials, gunpowder, fireworks, explosives.
16. Recalled items; hazardous materials; body parts/fluids; unsanitized bedding/clothing.
17. Prescription drugs, medical devices; controlled substances and related items.
18. Alcohol or tobacco; unpackaged or adulterated food or cosmetics.
19. Child pornography; bestiality; offers or solicitation of illegal prostitution.
20. Endangered, imperiled and/or protected species and any parts thereof, e.g. ivory.
21. False, misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent content; bait and switch; keyword spam.
22. Offensive, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or malicious postings or email.
23. Anyone’s personal, identifying, confidential or proprietary information.
24. Food stamps, WIC vouchers, SNAP or WIC goods, governmental assistance.
25. Stolen property, property with serial number removed/altered, burglary tools, etc.
26. ID cards, licenses, police insignia, government documents, birth certificates, etc.
27. US/Canada military items not demilitarized in accord with Defense Department policy.
28. Counterfeit, replica, or pirated items; tickets or gift cards that restrict transfer.
29. Lottery or raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries, slot machines, gambling items.
30. Spam; miscategorized, overposted, cross-posted, or nonlocal content.
31. Postings or email the primary purpose of which is to drive traffic to a website.
32. Offering, promoting, or linking to unsolicited products or services.
33. Engaging in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on HalfPrice Canada.
We kindly ask that you do not use HalfPrice Canada for any of the aforementioned purposes and that you report any user violating these guidelines. This will help us keep HalfPrice Canada a safe and valuable platform for everyone.
At HalfPrice, we value your safety and we need your cooperation in keeping our community safe. When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:
1. Choose a public meeting place such as a cafe, bank, or shopping center.
2. Avoid meeting in a secluded place or inviting strangers into your home.
3. Inform a friend or family member of your whereabouts.
4. Bring your cell phone along, if you have one.
5. Consider having a friend accompany you.
6. Trust your instincts and be cautious.
To learn more about personal safety online, we recommend checking out the following Canadian resources: